Narellan Vale is on the traditional lands of the Dharawal and Gundungurra people. William Howe was given the original grant of 3000 acres called Eskdale in 1818 on which most of Narellan Vale is located. He was a member of the local gentry and a magistrate in the 1820 and later became Superintendent of Campbelltown Police. Howe was a member of the 1824 Hume and Hovell expedition to Port Phillip.
In the 1960s-1980s the Gayline Drive In Movie Theatre was a popular place of entertainment for people of the surrounding district.
The first land release in the Narellan Vale area was in 1990 with Narellan Gardens Estate in the Morshead Road area.